Is no secret that I am deeply madly in love with Paris and whenever I feel nostalgi I usually crack on a movie and enjoy waiting for when I can be back there again – which luckily is going to be pretty soon. YAY!
Anyhow, here’s the films that 100% set me into a Parisian mood – word of warning, Audrey Hepburn features in pretty much all of them!
1. Sabrina (1954) – Sabrina (Audrey Hepburn) is sent to her father to Paris to attend cooking school, as well as make her fall out of love of playboy her father works for. When she comes back, things are going to be different…
2. Amélie (2001) – A classic, it’s definitely my pre-voyage movie of choice. Great music by Yann Tiersen. Irresistible!
3. Midnight in Paris (2011) – Directed by my favourite director Woody Allen. Great cast, great music…the story is just GENIUS! If you don’t believe me, see for your self!
4. Funny Face (1957) – Fred Astaire and Audrey Hepburn (again) can’t get it wrong. Great photography, my favourite scene was shot at the Louvre. Can you spot it?
5. Moulin Rouge (2001) – I am sure the bohemian musical does not need any presentation. If you haven’t seen it yet, you’re missing out. Prepare to sing along!
(Inspired by Chapter Friday)